Thursday - Harris Hill

Aron - Soaring

Jun 25, 2024, 9:28:06 PMJun 25
to upstate-ny-...@googlegroups.com, rochester...@googlegroups.com, hyne...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

A quick look at Weather Underground...and it looks like Thursday could be good at Harris Hill.  Forecast showed 9-10mph NW surface forecast most of the day...

I'm interested in getting out flying if the forecast holds.

Anybody interested?

---

Let's go flying!  www.soaringroadtrip.com
Youtube.com/@soaringroadtrip

Aron

Jim Fardette

Jun 25, 2024, 11:36:18 PMJun 25
to RochesterAreaFlyers
If the forecast holds, I’m in but can’t get there until after 5 PM.

Robert Slebodnik

Jun 26, 2024, 5:56:24 AMJun 26
to Aron - Soaring, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Rochester Area Flyers, hyner
I plan to be there if the conditions are good.

Aron - Soaring

Jun 26, 2024, 6:03:28 PMJun 26
to upstate-ny-...@googlegroups.com, rochester...@googlegroups.com, hyne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Loaded up my glider this evening between bouts of T-storm...as I was tying it down outside the barn it started to wickedly pour down rain again, quickly drove in the barn for cover...is that a good omen for Thursday?

I'm trying to get up there around 12:30.

Weather Underground screen shot attached.

Cheers,

---

Let's go flying!  www.soaringroadtrip.com
Youtube.com/@soaringroadtrip

Aron

Screenshot_20240626-175654_Wunderground.jpg

Robert Slebodnik

Jun 26, 2024, 9:22:41 PMJun 26
to Aron - Soaring, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Rochester Area Flyers
Aron,
I'll check the updated forecast in the morning and see which model is closest to actual conditions of a few hours at the Gliderport. I'll then make a decision about making the trip to Harris. Please post your ETA when you have an idea of when it will be.
Thanks.

bruce herman

Jun 26, 2024, 10:29:35 PMJun 26
to Robert Slebodnik, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Aron - Soaring, Rochester Area Flyers
Need some ideas for front and rear supports for this hang glider. I’m not worried about the steel bumpers.
   Thanks,
   Bruce Herman

Robert Slebodnik

Jun 26, 2024, 10:39:40 PMJun 26
to bruce herman, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Aron - Soaring, Rochester Area Flyers
Hmmm. I'm not a HG pilot.  I fly a PG, so I don't have anything to offer here. Perhaps you accidentally sent this to me. Perhaps HG pilots in the RAF, FSF, and Hyner will chime in.
Bob S.

Tim DuBois

Jun 26, 2024, 10:59:09 PMJun 26
to Rochester Area Flyers Google Group, bruce herman, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Aron - Soaring
All I can think of is something similar to one of those steering wheel protectors. Something with a U on both sides that's adjustable.

--
!!Want more?!! Paid members of Rochester Area Flyers and Free Spirit Hang Gliding have access to our What’s App groups for more up-to-the-minute flight coordination and discussion. Become a member today! Details of joining the What’s App conversations will be provided by the club(s) upon becoming a member.
https://www.rochesterareaflyers.com/members

***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York
You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
To post to this group, send email to:
rochester...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CAFGRrqqHph%2BJF0XN4F46vdARnrmyryuMBX1TduKS%2BSPSxrG%3DEw%40mail.gmail.com.

Glauber, Leo

Jun 27, 2024, 11:31:55 AMJun 27
to Rochester Area Flyers Google Group, bruce herman, upstate-ny-...@googlegroups.com, Aron - Soaring

Some people use these hood / trunk tie downs

https://www.amazon.com/Propel-Shoreline-Marine-Trunk-Straps/dp/B01CRBXQUK?th=1

I use a truck cab extender on my honda accord with a 1 ¼ to 2 inch hitch adaptor and a ladder and swim noodles for padding – see attached picture

-Leo

All I can think of is something similar to one of those steering wheel protectors. Something with a U on both sides that's adjustable. On Wed, Jun 26, 2024, 10:39 PM Robert Slebodnik <rslebodnik56@gmail.com> wrote: Hmmm. I'm not

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

External sender

Check the sender and the content are safe before clicking links or open attachments.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

On Wed, Jun 26, 2024, 10:29PM bruce herman <bestev...@gmail.com> wrote:

Need some ideas for front and rear supports for this hang glider. I’m not worried about the steel bumpers.

   Thanks,

   Bruce Herman

On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 6:22PM Robert Slebodnik <rslebo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cab_Extender.JPEG

Robert Slebodnik

Jun 27, 2024, 11:33:23 AMJun 27
to Aron - Soaring, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, Rochester Area Flyers, hyner
It's looking too strong for PG flying at Harris today for me. I'll have to continue waiting for decent conditions.
Bob S.