Towing this weekend at Padgham

Jim Black

Oct 25, 2022, 5:38:25 PM10/25/22
to Rochester Area Flyers, James Black
We are planning on towing this weekend at Padgham. It's looking promising at this time.

I propose that we start setting up at 10am on Saturday morning. It looks cool to start the day (high 40s) and warming (to 60s) as the day progresses. If there is sufficient interest we will have the option of towing on Sunday as well.

All current H2+ pilots are invited. If you are a current RAF student and are almost complete with your H2... you are also invited. Your tows will be dependent on the conditions (not gusty!)

There may be opportunities to tow PG pilots, again depending on your experience and conditions.

*Any current Tow Techs should plan to participate so that we can get the required videos of you and discuss our clubs updated towing procedures. These are required in order to authorize you to operate the RAF winch next season.

Please let me know if you plan to attend or if you have any questions.

I will confirm (based on conditions) on Friday afternoon.

Fly High Fly Safe,
Jim Black

Jim Black

Oct 28, 2022, 2:08:42 PM10/28/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
Unfortunately we will not be able to tow this weekend (11/29 & 11/30). The north field has just been freshly planted and we have been instructed not to use it for towing.,

Note - while a recent email from Rick announced that the corn has been but... these fields are not suitable at this time for towing activities. The corn stubble is destructive to our towline and possibly our bodies!

We will have to live to tow another day!

Thanks!
Jim