Flying Katydid Tuesday

Wings-Aron Lantz

Mar 20, 2023, 7:05:20 PM3/20/23
to upstate-ny-...@googlegroups.com, RAF, hyne...@googlegroups.com
All you Flyers out there...

There may be a good possibility of flying Katydid tomorrow (Tuesday).

I'm definitely interested in this semi rare opportunity!

Bill V. is looking at it as well.

I'm gonna look at the forecast first thing in the AM and decide.

I've never flown there, Bill seems optimistic at this point for HG and PG.

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Jim Fardette

Mar 21, 2023, 12:38:44 AM3/21/23
to RochesterAreaFlyers
I’m interested, I’ve only flown there once.  The road up was a little too much for my car so if I go I will need a ride up.  Let’s see what the weather looks like in the morning.

Air Ed

Mar 21, 2023, 9:32:26 AM3/21/23
to RochesterAreaFlyers
It does look OK. Winds aloft a little stiff. Not sure about road access. Thinkin' 'bout it.

Wings-Aron Lantz

Mar 21, 2023, 9:36:08 AM3/21/23
to Air Ed, Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF
I got ahold of Jim K, he was going to contact the landowner.  Jim K. may or may not show up today to fly.

Aron

On Mar 21, 2023, at 9:33 AM, Air Ed <ejo...@frontiernet.net> wrote:
It does look OK. Winds aloft a little stiff. Not sure about road access. Thinkin' 'bout it

Air Ed

Mar 21, 2023, 9:48:41 AM3/21/23
to RochesterAreaFlyers
IF road passable, what ETA @ LZ 4 U?

Bill Vickery

Mar 21, 2023, 9:52:29 AM3/21/23
to Wings-Aron Lantz, Air Ed, Upstate NY Free Flyers, RAF
I'm up for a look see trip and loaded.
Mountain tops still have some white on them here so last pitch may be interesting, but it faces southern sun.  Crossing their yard to get to bottom of road may be soft too.
Still feel like it may be worth it depending on access, keeping my rut post in mind.

Flying

Mar 21, 2023, 10:00:59 AM3/21/23
to RAF, Air Ed, Upstate NY Free Flyers, Bill Vickery
I'm shooting for getting to the lz around 12:15-12:30 time frame.

Just about loaded!

Aron

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

***Bristol Mtn Weather & Webcam***
- https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNYNAPLE32
- https://www.bristolmountain.com/webcam/

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
To post to this group, send email to:
rochester...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CAL%3DcMbFzUWdwsTSSRuDnLCvsrdVyffSbNJdimUtijRViUM8JaQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Flying

Mar 21, 2023, 10:31:46 AM3/21/23
to RAF, Air Ed, Upstate NY Free Flyers, Bill Vickery
Is this the lz?  I will bring my black truck with a white cap on it...4x4  I can haul 2 additional gliders up.

1156 County Rd 60
1156 County Rd 60, Elmira, NY 14901

Air Ed

Mar 21, 2023, 10:41:20 AM3/21/23
to RochesterAreaFlyers
Gonna take a look. LZ ETA ~ 12:15 or so.  C U.

Bill Vickery

Mar 21, 2023, 10:48:37 AM3/21/23
to RAF

Jfardette

Mar 21, 2023, 11:22:00 AM3/21/23
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
I will come take a look as well.  Worst thing that happens is it’s a little strong for PG and I drive one of your trucks back down the hill.
Jim

On Mar 21, 2023, at 10:41 AM, Air Ed <ejo...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

Gonna take a look. LZ ETA ~ 12:15 or so.  C U.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/944c8ced-cd57-4aa9-8041-f2b799ae5952n%40googlegroups.com.

Robert Skinner

Mar 21, 2023, 3:30:00 PM3/21/23
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Let us know how you guys make out ...

Rob

--

Rob

James Fardette

Mar 21, 2023, 4:36:55 PM3/21/23
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Bill and Aron flew. Too strong for the rest of us.

Mar 21, 2023, 5:49:00 PM3/21/23
to rochester...@googlegroups.com

Bill Vickery

Mar 21, 2023, 8:00:59 PM3/21/23
to RAF
Stronger than expected.  A bit rowdy, not too bad.  Went more westerly.  Torn lift and winds got stronger quickly at just 700'.  Kinda had enough after only 20+ minutes, but felt good to get that first flight in.

Land owners glad to see us.
Road up has just a few washout spots, but was surprisingly dry.
Massive LZ this time of year.