Bristol, Thursday, July 4

Robert Slebodnik

Jul 3, 2024, 4:03:09 PMJul 3
to Rochester Area Flyers
While the various models haven't settled on a clear forecast. Some models forecast Bristol to be flyable for at least a few hours  tomorrow.  On WhatsApp,  Brian,  Ben K, Calvin, and I have expressed interest.  I think we'll have to watch the conditions in the morning and see which model seems to be giving the most accurate forecast.  I'd suggest that we post a plan by about 9:15 am, even if that plan might be to watch things for a couple more hours, though some models favor flying early.  Who else is interested?
Bob S.

Rick Brown

Jul 3, 2024, 4:26:07 PMJul 3
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
I am, I will be watching. Lets see what develops. My biggest concern
is the jet stream is moving over top of us tonight or tomorrow
morning, upper winds are predicted to be 65-70mph, which is an
improvement of 120mph today over the midwest, but still might make
that valley a bit spicy.

On Wed, Jul 3, 2024 at 4:03 PM Robert Slebodnik <rslebo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While the various models haven't settled on a clear forecast. Some models forecast Bristol to be flyable for at least a few hours tomorrow. On WhatsApp, Brian, Ben K, Calvin, and I have expressed interest. I think we'll have to watch the conditions in the morning and see which model seems to be giving the most accurate forecast. I'd suggest that we post a plan by about 9:15 am, even if that plan might be to watch things for a couple more hours, though some models favor flying early. Who else is interested?
> Bob S.
>
> --
> !!Want more?!! Paid members of Rochester Area Flyers and Free Spirit Hang Gliding have access to our What’s App groups for more up-to-the-minute flight coordination and discussion. Become a member today! Details of joining the What’s App conversations will be provided by the club(s) upon becoming a member.
> https://www.rochesterareaflyers.com/members
> https://www.freespiritflight.com/join-our-club
>
> ***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***
> http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York
> You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
> To post to this group, send email to:
> rochester...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
> rochesterareafl...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CAFGRrqrXB8p8FjkjQB4d5jZpMV-1pCfVtoRvJ-TnLrwtxX%3Dg6g%40mail.gmail.com.

Katrin Parsiegla

Jul 3, 2024, 6:42:32 PMJul 3
to Rochester Area Flyers

Jim Fardette

Jul 3, 2024, 10:35:53 PMJul 3
to RochesterAreaFlyers
I might be able to make it but would have to leave by 3.

Robert Slebodnik

Jul 4, 2024, 9:32:35 AMJul 4
to Rochester Area Flyers
Brian and I are meeting in the Bristol LZ at 10:30 or 10:45 am this morning.  Winds will probably be light with some weak thermals.  Probably not the best conditions,  but flyable.

Katrin Parsiegla

Jul 4, 2024, 9:37:11 AMJul 4
to Rochester Area Flyers

Jim Fardette

Jul 4, 2024, 10:05:37 AMJul 4
to RochesterAreaFlyers
I’m already late and would have to leave early so I will pass.  Maybe a motorcycle ride will scratch the itch.  See you all next time and safe flights.

Aron - Soaring

Jul 4, 2024, 10:17:21 AMJul 4
to rochester...@googlegroups.com
Jim, does that PG pack on the motorcycle?

Several pilots are at Hyner today!  A few PG pilots are to be here.

It is nice looking weather here...

---

Let's go flying!  www.soaringroadtrip.com
Youtube.com/@soaringroadtrip

Aron

Jim Fardette

Jul 5, 2024, 6:50:38 PMJul 5
to RochesterAreaFlyers
I didn’t get to do any of that.  Did chores all day but had some great bbq and fireworks at night, so not a total loss.