Flying off of the East Side of Padgham?

Robert Slebodnik

May 8, 2022, 11:11:11 PM5/8/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
The weather looks like it may be conducive to flying off of the east side of Padgham on Monday afternoon, May 9, and Thursday, May 12. What is the situation with crops on the east side LZ?  Is flying off of the east side possible at this time?

Robert Slebodnik

May 9, 2022, 9:13:48 AM5/9/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
Clarification: The reason for my inquiry was that I heard something about winter wheat having been planted which leads to an early crop that can't be trampled, but I am not sure how early that would be.

Jim Black

May 9, 2022, 12:21:06 PM5/9/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
I don't think there are any issues with flying the East Side... other than the steep climb up. And potentially high gusts.

Are you available anytime around 3pm? There's always ground handling.

Jim

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CAFGRrqrt%2BQ6nw%2BnvxF%2BZ8cKhxVnyf_mpBKtRK89HWNdA5deVKw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Dr. Jim Black
He/Him/His

Robert Slebodnik

May 9, 2022, 12:39:12 PM5/9/22
to Rochester Area Flyers
Jim,
I'm in the throes of packing up my house to move, so I can't make it today. Thursday might work for a couple of hours.
Bob S.

Rick Brown

May 9, 2022, 5:32:41 PM5/9/22
to RAF
To clarify, flying is permitted on the east side at this time. the wheat is 6-8" tall and hard to hurt right now. Every effort should be made to walk between the rows when possible to limit the damage and follow the tracks of the fertilizer spray rig(very obvious when you see them) when they are near by. Once the wheat is mid thigh or higher we start to do too much damage and we will make an announcement to shut the east side down. When flying the east side we should try to walk back on the same route each time to limit damage.