RE: [Hyner Club] 6/28/24 Jack's Report

Aron - Soaring

Jun 30, 2024, 12:19:21 PMJun 30
to hyne...@googlegroups.com, Upstate NY Free Flyers, rochester...@googlegroups.com, soarbi...@googlegroups.com, skyw...@googlegroups.com
Jacks was a good time.  I'm back in the saddle on this flight.  I ended up with about 1.5 hrs and 600 to 700 over.  Pretty solid ridge lift later in the day.  Allan may do his own report but I think he said he had  about 1200 over.

During setup I found I had a bent batten on the Sting and had to bend it over my knee to straighten the bend...man those battens are made of some tough stuff...I don't know how it got bent...maybe at Lookout mtn on a landing?

After all that screwing around, plus waiting till late in the day to fly I found that in my haste of getting around I hadn't eaten anything and didn't have anything along except a stick of butter in the camper...well as odd as it seems I ate a big chunk of it just to keep from hitting an energy low...if you have to resort to that it packs some energy...it got me through!

Here is a link to the video for the rest of the story:

---

Let's go flying!  www.soaringroadtrip.com
Youtube.com/@soaringroadtrip

Aron