Anyone have code to read i2c bus?

Osman Eralp

Mar 13, 2012, 12:02:02 PM3/13/12
to robotrefere...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to attach a device to the i2c bus of the PandaBoard. Has anyone done this, and do you have any code sample you can share? TIA. --Osman

Dave Hylands

Mar 13, 2012, 1:24:30 PM3/13/12
to robotrefere...@googlegroups.com
Hi Osman,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Osman Eralp <osman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to attach a device to the i2c bus of the PandaBoard. Has anyone
> done this, and do you have any code sample you can share? TIA. --Osman

The place for the user-space code to do this can be found over here:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/I2CTools

I've done this on the gumstix, but not yet on the pandaboard, although
the user-space tools will remain the same.

I can certainly help out if you have any questions about the ioctls
and stuff related to i2c.

I've also written a few i2c related tools, although their
functionality largely overlaps with the functionality available from
the lm-sensors codebase.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada