I can not close the keyboard with Robotium

Marcos Dyogo Almeida Leite

Mar 9, 2016, 9:10:20 AM3/9/16
to Robotium Developers
Hello everybody, I'm having trouble closing the keyboard using the button "back" android navigation bar at the 4.4.4 version and higher, my application to open the virtual keyboard on the first screen and I want to close it to continue with the tests, I've tried several implementations and nothing works, no event is sent to the application, when I run my tests the application is launched and the keyboard appears and nothing happens when I close the keypad manually testing start and run normally, it really is very strange someone has been there or have a solution for this problem?
Grateful.

Renas

Mar 9, 2016, 11:08:06 AM3/9/16
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried to use solo.hideSoftKeyboard()?

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 6:06 AM, Marcos Dyogo Almeida Leite <marcos...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everybody, I'm having trouble closing the keyboard using the button "back" android navigation bar at the 4.4.4 version and higher, my application to open the virtual keyboard on the first screen and I want to close it to continue with the tests, I've tried several implementations and nothing works, no event is sent to the application, when I run my tests the application is launched and the keyboard appears and nothing happens when I close the keypad manually testing start and run normally, it really is very strange someone has been there or have a solution for this problem?
Grateful.

Marcos Dyogo Almeida Leite

Mar 10, 2016, 9:16:26 AM3/10/16
to Robotium Developers
Hello, I've used so Renas Reda ... analyzing the flow of my application that starts in an activity "A" from it determine the instantiation of another activity (B or C), which are the profiles of users, it saw the Robotium this is missing in this instantiation, and the problem is precisely the "getActivity( )" when I do not use it in "setUp" works normal (just can not close the virtual keyboard as I mentioned earlier), but I to launch the application manually and can perform some actions like go to other screens. My next approach is to override the "getActivity" with an intention for the activity that the application is waiting. Any idea how can I fix this?
Garto again