Blackbox Testing when only .apk file available.

Arpit Pandey

Jun 15, 2015, 2:20:16 PM6/15/15
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
I am currently testing an e-commerce android app using robotium. I just have .apk available. I know the package name and the launcher activity. I am using Robotium-solo 5.2.1. Using Eclipse IDE, I have created a test project and but when a test launches the MainActivity on the emulator, then methods like solo.searchText(), solo.enterText(), solo.clickonbutton() do not work. It simply scrolls to the bottom and throws an error that no EditText (or button) field was found. Infact it does not find anything. For eg, when I do solo.enterText(0, "hello"), it should enter "hello" on the search tab, but it throws an error that no editText field found! Help out poeple, its very urgent. I have looked up in the internet for days but no success.
Please do reply.
Thanks.

naveed

Jun 16, 2015, 8:21:21 AM6/16/15
to robotium-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arpit,

Are you sure the specific view(you are interacting) is edittext? can you please try and iterate all views on screen.

getCurrentViews()
Returns an ArrayList of the Views currently displayed in the focused Activity or Dialog.

Regards,
Naveed

Gokul Karthik

Feb 25, 2016, 12:24:33 AM2/25/16
to Robotium Developers
Use UIAutomatorViewer which is very helpful to find every parameter for the current Activity.