Problem when compiling MEX functions in Linux

lefundes...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2018, 6:02:59 PM1/4/18
to Robotics & Machine Vision Toolboxes
Hi,

I'm trying to compile the mex functions from the MVTB. I've made sure to install gcc 4.9 for compatibility, but still I get the following error when using either make from my system's terminal or from inside matlab:

mex CFLAGS=-std=c99 -g closest.c
Building with 'gcc'.
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/mex_2525300140537866_21902/closest.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/tmp/mex_2525300140537866_21902/closest.o: error adding symbols: Bad value

Makefile:25: recipe for target 'mex' failed
make: *** [mex] Error 255

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Peter Corke

Jan 8, 2018, 3:34:08 PM1/8/18
to Robotics & Machine Vision Toolboxes
I haven't built MEX files on linux for a long time, I don't have a linux machine or VM at the moment.

Sadly this is a MATLAB issue, not a toolbox issue.  Some things to try, sorry if you've already done this:

- gcc version is appropriate for the version of MATLAB
- you are using the correct mex binary
- there is a mex -setup option
- a quick google shows other people discussing this issue, eg. https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/issues/2171
- contact MATLAB technical support, that's what you pay for

peter

任春

Dec 18, 2021, 9:58:47 AM12/18/21
to Robotics & Machine Vision Toolboxes
 how do you solve it?

任春

Dec 18, 2021, 9:58:50 AM12/18/21
to Robotics & Machine Vision Toolboxes
Hi,can you tell me how do you solve this problem?I have the same question with you ,please give me the answer at your convenience.