Which keyword needs to be used for Wait Until Page Loaded in Robot Framework 2.8.7

Nagaraj Hebbar

Feb 17, 2016, 12:33:41 AM2/17/16
to robotframework-users
I am using Robot Framework version 2.8.7 in this version "Wait Until Page Loaded" keyword is not working which alternate keyword i can use instead of "Wait Until Page Loaded".

simbolla13 .

Feb 17, 2016, 12:41:36 AM2/17/16
to nagaraja...@gmail.com, robotframework-users
Hi nagaraj,

try ,

Wait Until Keyword Succeeds    20    1    Page Should Contain Element   button1

thanks
Vinod

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Nagaraj Hebbar <nagaraja...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using Robot Framework version 2.8.7 in this version "Wait Until Page Loaded" keyword is not working which alternate keyword i can use instead of "Wait Until Page Loaded".

Tatu Aalto

Feb 17, 2016, 1:18:30 AM2/17/16
to Nagaraj Hebbar, robotframework-users

Ugh

Robot Framework doesn't contain keyword Wait Until Page Loaded. That keyword does comes from the libraries which are available for the Robot Framework. That keyword is part of the SeleniumLibrary and most likely you are using Selenium2Library and S2L does not contain Wait Until Page Loaded keyword. Instead of Wait Until Page Loaded keyword, you should be using Wait Until Page Contains Element keyword when using S2L.

Also it is not recommended to use SeleniumLibrary, because it's not anymore maintained and also the underlying selenium RC library is not anymore supported by selenium HQ group. Of course if you have lots of legacy test cases using SeleniumLibrary, changing is OK.

-Tatu

Nagaraj Hebbar

Kevin O.

Feb 17, 2016, 8:50:06 AM2/17/16
to robotframework-users, nagaraja...@gmail.com
Selenium automatically blocks until the page loads since webdriver was introduced. My colleague has had a test hang indefinitely because the page never finished loading.
These are the three most common keywords for basic synchronization:

Julian FIOL

Feb 17, 2016, 9:10:11 AM2/17/16
to robotframework-users

Bryan Oakley

Feb 17, 2016, 9:36:12 AM2/17/16
to julian...@gmail.com, robotframework-users
What I do in my tests is get a reference to the HTML element, do the action that causes a page refresh, then I wait for the HTML element to go stale. Original inspiration was from here:

I have this implemented in a page object library we use. In our page object methods, any time we do an action that should cause a page transition we do something like:

    with self.page_transition():
        self.driver.click("xpath=//whatever")

It has worked exceptionally well for us.

Smitha Nagendra

Nov 15, 2016, 5:05:23 AM11/15/16
to robotframework-users
Where can I find keyword of ExtendedSelenium2Library? Wait until Page Contains is not the best for Angular page to load completely ...