"Wait Until Element is Visible" Not Working Properly.

Ajit Jadhav

Dec 15, 2014, 9:57:31 AM12/15/14
to robotframe...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am trying to wait for certain time Limit Until Loading Icon is Present(Visible) on webpage using "Wait Until Element is Visible" Keyword.

But "Wait Until Element is Visible" is not working properly as it is displaying Error against Element Visibility even if Element is not Visible on Webpage.

Please Help.

Thanks,
AJ.

Tatu Aalto

Dec 16, 2014, 1:29:25 AM12/16/14
to Ajit Jadhav, robotframework-users

Ugh

If the timeout did expire, that is the way the keyword must work. From the keyword [1] document:
"Fails if timeout expires before the element is visible."

-Tatu
Send from my mobile
[1] http://rtomac.github.io/robotframework-selenium2library/doc/Selenium2Library.html#Wait%20Until%20Element%20Is%20Visible

Ajit Jadhav

Dec 16, 2014, 1:42:39 AM12/16/14
to robotframe...@googlegroups.com, ajitja...@gmail.com

Hi Tatu,

As the Element getting invisible on page but (may be ) ID is still being available in page Source.

So the Concern is not Resolved yet.

Please Do the needful.

Thanks,
AJ.

On 15 Dec 2014 16:57, "Ajit Jadhav" <ajitja...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to wait for certain time Limit Until Loading Icon is Present(Visible) on webpage using "Wait Until Element is Visible" Keyword.

But "Wait Until Element is Visible" is not working properly as it is displaying Error against Element Visibility even if Element is not Visible on Webpage.

Please Help.

Thanks,
AJ.

Tatu Aalto

Dec 16, 2014, 1:58:18 AM12/16/14
to Ajit Jadhav, robotframework-users

Ugh

I do not understand what you are trying to say. Could you share more details what you are trying to do, why you think it does not work as the way it should and relevant keywords wit the error message you get.

-Tatu
Send from my mobile

Ajit Jadhav

Dec 16, 2014, 2:54:03 AM12/16/14
to robotframe...@googlegroups.com, ajitja...@gmail.com
Hi Tatu,
The Objective is "To Wait Until Loading Image Disappear" for certain Time Limit and the Error should be raised only after Time Limit expiry.

So,please let me know another way if it is possible to do so.

Thanks,
AJ.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/robotframework-users.

opia...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2014, 11:55:56 AM12/16/14
to robotframe...@googlegroups.com
are you specifying the timeout to wait for ?

a usage example is below :

Wait Until Element Is Visible   xpath=//span/img    timeout=0.5

Tatu Aalto

Dec 16, 2014, 12:18:01 PM12/16/14
to Ajit Jadhav, robotframework-users

Ugh

Did I understand correctly that you want to wait until element is not present, or fail the if timeout expires?

In that case, there is not direct keyword to wait until element is not present in the Selenium2Library. But as a workaround, one can do this:
| Wait Until Keyword Succeeds | 30s | 1s | Page Should Not Contain Element | xpath=/path/to/element |

Please note that all in above is untested and may contain errors.

-Tatu
Send from my mobile

[1] http://robotframework.org/robotframework/latest/libraries/BuiltIn.html#Wait%20Until%20Keyword%20Succeeds
[2] http://rtomac.github.io/robotframework-selenium2library/doc/Selenium2Library.html#Page%20Should%20Not%20Contain%20Element