Robot Framework 5.1 alpha 1 has been released!

Pekka Klärck

Jul 15, 2022, 9:19:39 AMJul 15
to robotframework-users
Hi all,

Robot Framework 5.1 is a new feature release that starts Robot
Framework's localization efforts and also brings in other nice
enhancements. Robot Framework 5.1 alpha 1 is the first preview release
targeted especially for people interested in translations. RF 5.1
alpha 1 supports the following languages in addition to English that
is automatically supported:

- Czech
- Dutch
- Finnish
- French
- German
- Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese

All these translations have been provided by our awesome community and
we hope that the list gets longer before the final release. If you
want to help with translation efforts, head to Crowdin [1] that we use
for collaboration. Issue #4390 [2] contains some more information and
we also have a dedicated #localization channel on our Slack for
further discussion.

For more information about RF 5.1 alpha 1 release see the release notes [3].

[1] https://robotframework.crowdin.com/robot-framework
[2] https://github.com/robotframework/robotframework/issues/4390
[3] https://github.com/robotframework/robotframework/blob/master/doc/releasenotes/rf-5.1a1.rst

Cheers,
.peke
--
Agile Tester/Developer/Consultant :: http://eliga.fi
Lead Developer of Robot Framework :: http://robotframework.org

Pekka Klärck

Jul 21, 2022, 2:21:05 PMJul 21
to robotframework-users
Hello,

Robot Framework 5.1 alpha 1 had an annoying bug affecting Czech,
French and Portuguese translations. The bug was fixed in the just
released RF 5.1 alpha 2 that also contains new Polish, Simplified
Chinese, Spanish and Thai translations. For more details see the
release notes:
https://github.com/robotframework/robotframework/blob/master/doc/releasenotes/rf-5.1a2.rst

Thanks to all contributors and to the Robot Framework Foundation for
sponsoring my work!

Cheers,
.peke