Issue with SSHLibrary: "Keyword 'SSHLibrary.Open Connection' got multiple values for argument 'alias'"

Anitha Eluri

May 29, 2024, 7:18:06 PMMay 29
to robotframework-users

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering an issue while using SSHLibrary in my Robot Framework tests. When trying to establish a basic SSH connection using the Open Connection keyword, I'm receiving the following error message:

perl
Keyword 'SSHLibrary.Open Connection' got multiple values for argument 'alias'.

Environment:

  • Robot Framework version: 4.1.2
  • SSHLibrary version: 3.8.0
  • Python version: 3.8.5
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04

Steps to Reproduce:

  1. Execute the following Robot Framework test case:
robot
*** Settings *** Library SSHLibrary *** Test Cases *** Establish Basic SSH Connection Open Connection host=myhost.com username=myusername password=mypassword

Expected Behavior: The test case should establish a basic SSH connection without any errors.

Actual Behavior: The test case fails with the error message mentioned above.

Craig Despeaux

May 29, 2024, 10:34:53 PMMay 29
to robotframework-users
There is no host= parameter.  You just give the hostname or IP address.

Try:
  Open Connection  myhost.com  username=myusername  password=mypassword

Craig