Error in Importing test library 'RemoteSwingLibrary' failed

Shiva Prasad

Aug 27, 2015, 8:49:17 AM8/27/15
to robotframework-users
Hello Everyone,

Am trying to plugin remoteswing library to robot framework but it throwing the following error

Importing test library 'RemoteSwingLibrary' failed: ImportError: No module named RemoteSwingLibrary Traceback (most recent call last):
As per the installation instruction I've included the .jar path in PYTHONPATH environment variables. But when am trying to import it in RIDE is showing red color.

Can anyone help me in what exactly the procedure, so that i can make use of the RemoteSwingLibrary keywords/API's

Ganesh Kumbhar

Jan 19, 2018, 1:10:19 AM1/19/18
to robotframework-users
Hello All,

I am also getting same problem! :(  do we have any steps by step installation documents to follow  ?

@shiva : you got any solution ?

Thanks & Regards,
Ganesh

adam.wyp...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2018, 3:43:23 AM1/19/18
to robotframe...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure that your path is pointing directly to jar file?

I.e. - my working PYTHONPATH: C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Tools\Scripts\;C:\Python27\Scripts\;C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\;C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\remoteswinglibrary-2.2.1.jar

BR,
-Adam.

Ganesh Kumbhar

Jan 19, 2018, 7:58:26 AM1/19/18
to robotframework-users
Yeah Adam .. it was set correctly!
but I am setting it in PATH variable, I don't have any PYTHONPATH variable in my machine - hope it should not be a problem.
I tried your way also but, same issue-not able to recognize the swing keywords!

Thanks & Regards,
Ganesh

adam.wyp...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2018, 10:35:53 AM1/19/18
to robotframework-users
could you send following information:

1) what java version you have
2) the value of PATH and PYTHONPATH environment variable
3) could you execute command icalcs on the jar file which you have? (i.e.: icacls C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\remoteswinglibrary-2.2\*.jar )

PADMESH.P.P 5034

Feb 4, 2024, 6:14:18 PMFeb 4
to robotframework-users
  Hi Adam,
    I have java 21, python 3.12 version and pycharm IDE. I need to automate swing application. I have windows 11 machine. I downloaded remoteswinglibrary-2.3.2.jar and added in environment variable -> system variables ->  PYTHONPATH - path/to/my/jar. But still IDE shows import file not found for RemoteSwingLibrary. Then I tried adding jar in project structure in IDE, then import error resolved. But if i start application using start application keyword, it shows keyword not found. If we try to keyword, auto suggestion is working fine. IDE is not showing error for keywords. When i try to run using robot test.robot, the above error is coming. Kindly help me to solve this issue. Thankyou.

Regards,
Padmesh P P