RFLint HTML Report Generation

Shiva Prasad Adirala

Jul 15, 2018, 7:21:22 AM7/15/18
to robotframework-devel

Hi Experts,

Today I want to initiate discussion on RFlint report generation. First I thank Bryan for giving rflint. While using rflint the result is populated in command prompt as a user i want to view result in webpage.

I tried to find a reporting tool for rflint like "Is there any opensource report tool for rflint?" I didn’t get answer.

So I started converting rflint analysis to HTML and i succeeded in it. Now I want to know, how effective my report works.

I thought of sharing my rflint html report generation project with you guys and see how it is helpful and effective in generating report.

What I Did:

  1. Write the rflint output to text file
  2. Convert text file to html (python beautifysoup by adding some styles)
  3. Bat file to execute rflint command and open result in new chrome window

How to generate report:

  1. Place the files (bat & .*conversion.py files) within project
  2. Execute bat file to generate report

Repository Link: https://github.com/adiralashiva8/RFLintReport

Please do checkout and try once with your project and share your feedback. So we will together try to modify to improve it.