Can robot framework do automated testing of a JavaFX desktop application?

Dean Schulze

Nov 10, 2017, 4:19:26 PM11/10/17
to robotframework-devel
I haven't been able to find anything about testing desktop applications on the robot framework web site.  My desktop application is written in JavaFX.  Can robot framework do automated testing of a JavaFX app?  I would prefer to do the testing on Linux, but could use Windows or OSX if necessary.

Thanks.

Sam

Oct 9, 2019, 8:33:28 AM10/9/19
to robotframework-devel
Hi Dean,

You can try with WhiteLibrary  or AutoITLibrary.

Thanks,

Sami Pesonen

Oct 9, 2019, 9:14:08 AM10/9/19
to robotframework-devel
Hi,

there is also JavaFXLibrary [1] or TestfxLibrary [2] than can be used in JavaFX app automation. I'm one of the co-authors for the JavaFXLibrary. In general when searching for libraries I check the external libraries page of Robot Framework website [3].

[3] https://robotframework.org/#libraries => click External tab

Best Regards,
Sami