Edge Automation

Mahesh

Aug 7, 2018, 3:50:39 AM8/7/18
to robotframework-devel
Hi,

I am trying to automation few sites (like gmail login-logout) on Microsoft Edge browser using SeleniumLibrary. I am using the below code snippet to launch the Edge browser and navigate to a specific site.

*** Settings ***

Library    SeleniumLibrary

*** Keywords ***

Configure Edge

    [Documentation]    Keyword to launch Edge browser with the required settings, navigate to the specified url

    [Arguments]    ${url_to_open}

    Open Browser    ${url_to_open}    Edge

*** Test Cases ***

Open Edge

    Configure Edge    http://www.google.com

but i am getting no browser open error message. here is the message log

Starting test: Web.Workflows.Edge.Open Edge

20180801 06:40:02.442 : INFO : Opening browser 'Edge' to base url 'http://www.google.com'.

20180801 06:40:03.017 : INFO : Cannot capture screenshot because no browser is open.

20180801 06:40:03.093 : FAIL : WebDriverException: Message: Unknown error

Ending test: Web.Workflows.Edge.Open Edge

Currently below are packages installed on machine and i am using windows 10 RS3 x64

robotframework-selenium2library==3.0.0

robotframework-seleniumlibrary==3.1.1

python version and edge version:

python version = 2.7

Microsoft Edge 41.16299.371.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 16.16299

Any help in this regard will be of great help. Thanks in Advance