Which is the best language for appium automation?

Damodharan Baskaran

Jul 14, 2019, 6:43:20 PM7/14/19
to robotframework-devel
Deal all,

I have been using robot framework in my project for the last 2 and half years in my project. Now i have a requirement to automation a mobile app which is a different project. I heard that the appium-java client has more support than appium-python but in the case of ease, python is the best language. I just don't want to get stuck at some point when using python because it doesn't have much API support. Will it be a good idea to use Appium python client in terms of support and availability of libraries? Can anyone provide enough details to go whether with java or python?

Thanks,
Damodharan

Martin Taylor

Jul 14, 2019, 8:12:49 PM7/14/19
to damodha...@gmail.com, robotframework-devel
Don't know any specifics about Appium, but try Jython. It should give you the ease of Python and full access to Java as necessary.

Cheers,
Martin