Robot Framework 4.0 has been released!

Pekka Klärck

Mar 11, 2021, 8:26:53 AM3/11/21
to robotframework-users, robotframework-announce
Hello, Robots!

This is a long awaited release with awesome new features like the SKIP
status and native IF/ELSE support and enhancements to, for example,
Libdoc and argument conversion. For more details about everything
that's new, as well as for information you need to take into account
when upgrading, see the release notes:
https://github.com/robotframework/robotframework/blob/master/doc/releasenotes/rf-4.0.rst

Big thanks to Robot Framework Foundation
<https://robotframework.org/foundation/> and its close to 50 member
companies for sponsoring this release. If you want to make sure the
development speed stays steady or even gets faster, try to get your
organization to join the foundation as well!

In addition to me the Robot Framework 4.0 core team contained Mikko
Korpela, Janne Härkönen and René Rohner. Their participation was made
possible by separate sponsorship by RoboCorp <https://robocorp.com/>
and imbus <https://www.imbus.de/en/> so big thanks to them too! Thanks
also all the community members who have provided pull requests, tested
pre-releases, or otherwise helped to make RF 4.0 such a great release!

Robot Framework 4.0 was released just in time for the RoboCon 2021
online conference organized next week, and I will talk about the key
features in the opening keynote. For more information about the
conference, including a link to the ticket shop, see
https://robocon.io.

Thanks all and hopefully RF 4.0 works great for you!

Cheers,
.peke
--
Agile Tester/Developer/Consultant :: http://eliga.fi