Does Robomind Academy support variables, arrays and ....

Robo

Jan 7, 2014, 5:26:28 AM1/7/14
to robomind-a...@googlegroups.com
The language spoken by Robo has evolved over time. We have received questions about the functionality of the language

  • I was wondering if there was a listing of all generic programming capabilities, syntax-wise, that RoboMind supported?
  • Can I declare and use variable like x = 1 and x = x + 1?
  • Can I do comparisons in conditional statements, like if (x == y) or if (x ~= y)?
  • I would like to know if you are planning on adding the possibility to create variables (including arrays) in RoboMind's language so that we can program the robot to "remember" the locations he already discovered?

Robo

Jan 7, 2014, 5:26:47 AM1/7/14
to robomind-a...@googlegroups.com

The new version of RoboMind (V5.0) supports using variables. We did not add arrays to the list of features yet. We encourage using the robot world as you big 2D array where you can store "explored" annotations (read: paint).

See http://robomind.net/en/docProgrammingStructures.htm#vars for examples and more details.