How does Robomind Academy address concerns about child safety online

Robo

Jan 7, 2014, 4:27:30 AM1/7/14
to robomind-a...@googlegroups.com
As a teacher i am concerned about child safety when my students go online on the internet. How does Robomind Academy address these concerns?

Robo

Jan 7, 2014, 4:46:33 AM1/7/14
to robomind-a...@googlegroups.com

Robomind Academy was designed with Child safety in mind, and is managed in the same spirit.

No advertisements are shown to students on  Robomind Academy pages. The only exception to this rule is when a students uses a sponsored account. In that case, a modest logo of the sponsor may be shown on certain pages.

The privacy of every Robomind Academy student is respected, and no details about students are given or sold to third parties. We do collect data about students to monitor their progress, but this data is handled and stored with great care.

With respect to young children who do not have email accounts and might not be able handle passwords in a responsible way. We provide special "Managed Accounts" for which it is not necessary to create an email address/Account by the children. The teacher can simply create and manage these accounts (including the passwords) by him/herself.

For more details see: https://www.RoboMindacademy.com/site/pdfs/AccessManagementManual.pdf

Please also see our Privacy Policy with respect to child safety:

http://www.RoboMindacademy.com/go/RoboMind/privacy#children