OnShape CAD

Andrew McCarthy

Mar 9, 2017, 7:17:10 PM3/9/17
to Robomakery PVC Chair
I started a new OnShape CAD Document for the parts and assembly here:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d91a95f30dd3844dcfc2804c/w/6f43255d0f5dad638639cf32/e/45c92d8b4a03edc246f1764e

I remade all the PVC pipes and connectors so that we have the freedom to change them in the future (rather than just imports). I went off the dimensions that they had, but if they are different or need to be changed I can fix them no problem

I am putting together the assemblies now and should be done soon. This is just the PVC pipe and connectors, no joystick, motors, etc. yet.

My next task will be to start getting all the other parts down to the screws holding it together. I know we would like the CAD as accurate as possible so I will start modeling these pieces as accurate as possible, dimensions would help if anyone had any drawings or specs sheets for the pieces.

Dylan Vaughn

Mar 10, 2017, 5:17:11 PM3/10/17
to Robomakery PVC Chair
Looks great!  Can you add my OnShape user to the project?  I'm not sure how to do that - I think you should be able to look me up or add the "Robomakery" team.

Thanks, Dylan

Andrew McCarthy

Mar 10, 2017, 5:31:35 PM3/10/17
to Dylan Vaughn, Robomakery PVC Chair
Sure, let me know if that worked. Should give you access to do everything in there. Still figure out all the little nuances of the program, but once I do I can put something together for everyone (as was asked of me last meeting) so we all know how to access it and create versions so we don't save over work that's already been done.

Mechanical Engineering
UCLA Class of 2013

Dylan Vaughn

Andrew McCarthy

Mar 10, 2017, 5:57:04 PM3/10/17
to Dylan Vaughn, Robomakery PVC Chair
Great, I am throwing together some of the other parts now, but the data sheets are pretty poor as far as dimensions go.. I am going to do my best with what is there, but I'll make them so they are easy to change once I have the real parts in hand. A few dimension tweaks.

Steven A. Berneberg

Mar 10, 2017, 6:58:24 PM3/10/17
to andrewmc...@gmail.com, dy...@robomakery.com, robomakery...@googlegroups.com
Can we add the current electronics box?  I do not know the dimensions.

Spatial Applications
sbern...@spatialapplications.com
(760) 749-9660

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged confidential and exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for the delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return the original message to us by mail. Thank You.

This message and any attachments may contain legally privileged and/or
sensitive information. Any unapproved disclosure, use or dissemination
of this e-mail message or its contents, either in whole or in part, is
not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
message, kindly notify the sender and then securely dispose of it.

Andrew McCarthy

Mar 10, 2017, 7:26:49 PM3/10/17
to Steven A. Berneberg, Dylan Vaughn, Robomakery PVC Chair
Sure, let's just collect all the dimensions of everything we want on there. I am out the next two weekends, but next time we meet up I can get some calipers to the current model and get everything in. Or anyone with access to it can take some measurements and send them to me and I am happy to CAD them up.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/robomakery-pvc-chair.