Migration from 3.0-rc2 to 4.0 is causing problems with SQL database

Marija Lukaroska

Jul 29, 2019, 1:08:21 PM7/29/19
to Robolectric
After I migrated the project from 3.0-rc3 to 4.0 Robolectric all of the tests that in some way use the SQL database started failing with the following error.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal connection pointer 1.

I read on the following link https://www.bountysource.com/issues/32208329-java-lang-runtimeexception-java-lang-illegalstateexception-illegal-connection-pointer-1-with-content-provider
that the SQL database should be closed after each test in the @After method, but in some tests the exception still appears with pointer different that 1 each time, or with the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot perform this operation because the connection pool has been closed..

I could not understand how after migration I all of my tests that are using the database are now failing. Can someone help me with this problem?