Draw open path with pen

Frank Grießhammer

Feb 12, 2015, 4:34:33 AM2/12/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
This question has come up in the past, and just resurfaced:
Is it possible to draw a path (for instance via g.getPen()) without closing it?
Leaving out the closePath() statement seems to make the whole path non-existent.

Thanks!
Frank

from a two-dimensional keyboard

Gustavo Ferreira

Feb 12, 2015, 5:24:15 AM2/12/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
yes, just use endPath() instead of closePath().

cheers, G

Frank Grießhammer

Feb 12, 2015, 2:39:29 PM2/12/15
to rob...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads-up; I just realized the following.

When using endPath() from within Robofont, the drawn path stays open.
When using endPath() from the command line, it behaves like closePath().

Is there an explanation for this, or have I found a bug?

Messages from newly joined members are subject to moderation.
Download RoboFab and documentation at http://robofab.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RoboFab" group.

draw_open_rect.py