Still: OSX 10.7 ImportError: No module named _Qd & 3 minor code changes

Yanone Yanone

Sep 22, 2013, 11:50:25 AM9/22/13
to rob...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm still experiencing the ImportError stemming from missing _Qd in /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/lib/python2.7/plat-mac/Carbon/Qd.py.
Any news on this or is updating my OS the only way out?
I need to import UFOs into FontLab.

And I have found 2 more mistakes in 3 files in RoboFab (the current Github version):

'as' has become a reserved keyword.
- AskString() in ufo2.interface.all.dialogs
- insertGlyph() in ufo2.objects.objectsFL

robofab.plistlib is missing in 3k.
- header in ufo3k.objects.objectsFL

Is there something like guest commits or commit requests in Github? Would need just one click to commit. My username is yanone.
Cheers...

Yanone Yanone

Sep 22, 2013, 12:20:04 PM9/22/13
to rob...@googlegroups.com
Meanwhile I have found UFOCentral for UFO importing. Thanks.

Yanone Yanone

Sep 22, 2013, 12:21:58 PM9/22/13
to rob...@googlegroups.com
By the way, UFOCentral requires robofab.ufoLib, but ufoLib moved next to robofab in the current version, not a sub module anymore.

Erik van Blokland

Sep 22, 2013, 1:08:34 PM9/22/13
to rob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yanone,

On 22 sep. 2013, at 18:21, Yanone Yanone <gern...@googlemail.com> wrote:

By the way, UFOCentral requires robofab.ufoLib, but ufoLib moved next to robofab in the current version, not a sub module anymore.

I think that means you have the ufo3k branch on, not the master? Why?

On 22 sep. 2013, at 18:21, Yanone Yanone <gern...@googlemail.com> wrote:

And I have found 2 more mistakes in 3 files in RoboFab (the current Github version):

'as' has become a reserved keyword.
- AskString() in ufo2.interface.all.dialogs
- insertGlyph() in ufo2.objects.objectsFL

Are you using the ufo2 branch? That's 6 years old .

robofab.plistlib is missing in 3k.

I think that's gone because python has its own native plistlib.

- header in ufo3k.objects.objectsFL

Not sure what you mean by header?

Erik

Yanone Yanone

Sep 23, 2013, 7:52:49 AM9/23/13
to rob...@googlegroups.com

Am Sonntag, 22. September 2013 19:08:34 UTC+2 schrieb Erik van Blokland:
Hi Yanone,

Hi Erik :)

I think that means you have the ufo3k branch on, not the master? Why?

Because I'm not getting this. With master you mean the trunk? Is this the code to use?

Are you using the ufo2 branch? That's 6 years old .

Same as above. I was opening a UFO2, so I thought that would be the correct branch to use.
It dawns on me now that it's always the most recent code to use which is backward compatible.

robofab.plistlib is missing in 3k.

I think that's gone because python has its own native plistlib.

Right. So the "robofab." needs to be removed from the import.

- header in ufo3k.objects.objectsFL

Not sure what you mean by header?

The top part of the file where the imports happen.

Erik van Blokland

Sep 23, 2013, 7:56:18 AM9/23/13
to rob...@googlegroups.com

On 23 sep. 2013, at 13:52, Yanone Yanone <gern...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Because I'm not getting this. With master you mean the trunk? Is this the code to use?

Yes, please just use the trunk. Don't use the ufo2 / ufo3k.

Tal Leming

Sep 23, 2013, 8:28:50 AM9/23/13
to rob...@googlegroups.com
Use master (formerly known as trunk in the SVN days) not one of the ufo* branches. We use those branches as we build up support for a particular UFO spec version and once we have support for that version the changes are merged into the master. The ufo2 branch is very old. The ufo3k branch is a work in progress and the only part of that that is complete is ufoLib.

Tal