2014 Mini Maker Faire update

Adrian Apps

Aug 12, 2014, 12:07:31 AM8/12/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com

New information available:

Times... We don't have an official bump in time yet, however we are welcome to arrive between 7:00 and 9:30am on the Saturday. This is time used to both set up and get any equipment (that is plugged into mains) tag-tested.

Location... Given the need for the robot arena, we have been given an area 10m (w) x 6.2m (l). The space is on Level 1 of the museum, within the Transport Hall, where last year’s talks and presentations were given. It will essentially serve as the logical end point for traffic at the Faire, and is anticipated to be quite busy. Floorplan is still being finalised and expected to be circulated either tomorrow or Thursday.

Tickets... If possible, please purchase your tickets on the Powerhouse website. We have been given however 6 tickets for use. I would prefer to issue these to people attending both days and volunteering their time to man the stall, however please contact me should you require one of these.

Costs for the stall... So the total amount for the 2 days is $200. If you are able to contribute towards this, please message me.

Also if you haven't already indicated your availability over the 2 days (16-17th) please let me know!

Cheers,

Adrian

Nathan Williams

Aug 12, 2014, 10:04:07 PM8/12/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I once again won't be able to make it, I am just swamped under with other stuff.
Good luck with it though :)

Adrian Apps

Aug 13, 2014, 8:33:06 PM8/13/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com
OK no worries Nathan. Is there anything you want to contribute towards displaying at the booth? As long as you can drop off at the space either today or tomorrow then it won't be a problem.