PhD Student at QUT Interested in Hacker Spaces

Ravihansa Rajapakse

Jun 19, 2014, 8:19:22 PM6/19/14
to robo...@googlegroups.com

Dear RoboDojo Team,

I am a PhD student at Queensland University of Technology, working in the field of Computer Human Interactions.

I am currently working on a research project to find ways of using community practices in developing new technologies to improve communications of people with motor disabilities.

I have attempted to build some prototypes using Makey-Makeys and Arduinos. We are looking forward to improve these collaboratively with hacker spaces and people with disabilities and their support groups. Please have a look at my blog:

http://commtechd.blogspot.com.au/

We believe following an approach like maker/hacker space is an ideal way in developing less costly and sustainable technologies. Our initial work consists of understanding community practices and motivations behind such communities.

We came across your website and your work looks highly inspiring.

I would be glad if you someone from your team can discuss with me about your practices. I would like to have a audio/video conference at your convenience. Please let me know if this is possible.

Your kind cooperation will be of immense help in my research. Thank you for your valuable time!

Best Regards,
Ravihansa Rajapakse
PhD Student,
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
Science and Engineering Faculty
Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Phone: +61 423090656
Email: s1.raj...@student.qut.edu.au

Main supervisor:
Prof. Margot Brereton,
Professor Eng. & Interaction Design
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
Science and Engineering Faculty
Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Phone: +61 7 3138 8365
Email: m.bre...@qut.edu.au

Sgt_Lemming

Jun 20, 2014, 6:55:12 AM6/20/14