Call for Participation: RoboCup@Home Education Online Challenge 2020

Jeffrey Tan

Apr 12, 2020, 9:46:03 AM4/12/20
to oc
Dear RoboCup@Home Education Community,

Thank you for your support and participation in our Education
Challenge activities. In order to continue promoting learning at home
amid the current global pandemic situation, we are delighted to invite
you to join our new online event, the RoboCup@Home Education Online
Challenge 2020! The event details are as follows in the Call for
Participation announcement.

We are organizing an online conference session this coming Thursday
April 16, 2020 to give an overview of the new online challenge event.

01 Introduction to RoboCup@Home Education Online Challenge 2020
Time: Apr 16, 2020 (Thu) 19:00 - 20:00 (GMT+8)
Zoom: https://cernet.zoom.com.cn/j/69277224954 (ID: 692 7722 4954) | PW: robocup

== Call for Participation: RoboCup@Home Education Online Challenge 2020 ==

[ Venue ] Online
[ Date ]
- Online Classroom: April 16 ~ May 21, 2020
- Technical Video Challenge: June 10, 2020
- Online Challenge: RoboCup week (June 24 ~ 28, 2020)
[ Web ] https://www.robocupathomeedu.org/challenges/robocuphome-education-online-challenge-2020

<<SAFETY FIRST>>

All the proposed activities must be performed in compliance with local
regulations and safety procedures, specially those related to COVID-19
limitations. Students are invited to work and interact remotely with
organizers of the challenge and among themselves. We hope everyone can
continue RoboCup development and challenges while keeping safe and
healthy at home.

<<Introduction>>

Despite the postponement of the RoboCup 2020 event, our committee is
taking extra efforts to plan new forms of activities to keep our
community together while upholding our educational mission. In order
to continue promoting learning at home amid the current global
pandemic situation, we propose to initiate a new RoboCup@Home
Education online event that includes a series of robot building short
courses for beginners via online classroom, technical video challenge
and live streaming of remote participation online challenge. We hope
everyone can continue RoboCup development and challenges while keeping
safe and healthy at home.

With that, we are proud to announce the RoboCup@Home Education Online
Challenge 2020!

<<Sponsors>>

- SoftBank Robotics
- Jupiter Robot

<<Schedule and Rules>>

- Online Classroom: April 16 ~ May 21, 2020
- Technical Video Challenge: June 10, 2020
- Online Challenge: RoboCup week (June 24 ~ 28, 2020)

For more details and competition rules, please visit
https://www.robocupathomeedu.org/challenges/robocuphome-education-online-challenge-2020

<<Categories and Awards>>

Open Platform (OP) [Custom Build Robots]
- Open category
- Junior category (under 19)
Standard Platform (SP) [SoftBank Pepper Robot]
- Open category
- Junior category (under 19)

The purpose of the Education Challenge is to open participation for
everyone, especially novice and non-expert participants with no past
experience. Although we don’t conduct the qualification procedure this
time, we will comply with the Eligibility and Qualification policy in
the Rules 2020 in the reviews of the challenges.

Special Awards
- Pepper Awards by SoftBank Robotics
- Jupiter Robot Awards

<<How to Participate>>

[ Step 1 - Entry Application ]

Fill in and submit the online entry form below (one per team).

Online Entry Form: https://forms.gle/UBREeC1xTCVQ9wr78

If you have any difficulty submitting online, please contact
o...@robocupathomeedu.org

[ Step 2 - Online Classroom ]

Attend the online classroom especially for beginners to learn how to
develop for the online challenge at home. If class timing is not
suitable for your region, recorded videos and class notes will be
posted after each class. Make full use of the materials to learn robot
development at home.

Online Challenge 2020 Classroom:
https://www.robocupathomeedu.org/learn/online-classroom/online-challenge-2020

* 1st online class on April 16, 2020 will give an overview of this new
online challenge event.
* Join: https://cernet.zoom.com.cn/j/69277224954 (ID: 692 7722 4954) |
PW: robocup

[ Step 3 - Technical Video Challenge ]

Develop your robot and produce a technical video showing your best
robot performance. You can develop your robot based on the following
themes (either one):

- Solving the competition tasks in the Rules 2020.
- Open scenario based on the Finals in the Rules 2020.
- Robot applications to address the current COVID-19 pandemic situation.

After submitting the entry application, please prepare the Technical
Video Challenge Materials and submit by email to
o...@robocupathomeedu.org before the following due date.

Technical Video Challenge Submission Deadline: June 10, 2020

Technical Video Challenge Materials
1. Technical Video: Video showing the best robot performance.
2. Video Description Paper: Technical description and photo of the
robot system and operation in the video.
** Video Description Paper: Free format, maximum 4 pages.
** Please host the video online and submit only the link.
** The email subject should be: [@HomeEDUOnline2020-Video] (Your Team Name)

[ Step 4 - Online Challenge (Finals) ]

The Technical Video Challenge entries will be reviewed to select teams
for the final Online Challenge. Selected teams will give presentations
and robot demonstrations remotely via live streaming for the Online
Challenge during the RoboCup week.

<<Important Dates>>

Entry Application: April 1 ~ June 10, 2020
Online Classroom: April 16 ~ May 21, 2020
Technical Video Challenge Submission: June 10, 2020
Technical Video Challenge Review: June 10 ~ 15, 2020
Online Challenge: June 24 ~ 28, 2020

Please visit the official website for more information. You can
contact us via o...@robocupathomeedu.org

Best Regards,
RoboCup@Home Education Online Challenge 2020 Organizing Committee