Announcing ArbotiX/PyPose 0012 and RoboControllerLib 0005

Fergy

Feb 21, 2010, 8:14:30 PM2/21/10
to robocontroller
We've released a new ArbotiX/PyPose release, which I'm calling v0012.
I know we originally were using version numbers like 1.0a,1.0b, etc,
with a load of different beta releases in between, this numbering
scheme should be quite a bit easier.

New functionality in ArbotiX/PyPose 0012:
* Support for Arduino 0018 - the new Arduino release changed up a
bunch of things with how 3rd party hardware is installed, we've made
several changes to code and documentation to support 0018.
* Selection for how many columns in the pose editor (2,3, or 4),
which should help on widescreens, and netbooks.
* New Commander Library, more in line with what most users want for
default walk/look joysticks. Also now has a function for enabling
south-paw configuration (our old default).
* NUKE now relaxes servos at the beginning of netural/limit captures.
* Re-ordered default servo mapping in NUKE, to be more in line with
how most bots are assembled.

Bug fixes in 0012:
* Fixed issues with sequence export
* Move test drive button down near export (makes more sense)

As always, please post any issues you come across.

-Fergs