Hosting dedicated RoboRumble

Pawel Zeronow

Dec 12, 2017, 4:39:50 PM12/12/17
to robocode
Hi,

A friend and I are interested in setting up a RoboRumble on our own to try out Robocode (and learn some Java).

After a couple of hours of research I see that there are two options:
  1. Set up a LiteRumble using the instructions under this link
  2. Set up a 'standard' RoboRumble following these instructions

The main issue with option 1 is that it seems I need to have a GoogleAppEngine account/service up and running (or go ahead with the 30 days trial to try it out but I rather not):
  • Is this strictly necessary?
  • Can I somehow use LiteRumble and host it through other means? (IIS would be ideal)

If anyone knows about some other way of hosting a RoboRumble, I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks a lot!

Osemudiamen Edmond Umolu

Sep 15, 2019, 10:39:01 AM9/15/19
to robocode