Re: [robocode-developers] Including external library (jars) for good

Message has been deleted

Julian Kent

Apr 21, 2020, 3:10:51 PM4/21/20
to robocode-...@googlegroups.com
One way you could do this is extract the .jar file into your robots/ folder. Then robocode should be able to find it while running, and it should also include the relevant .class files when packaging.

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 20:54, Davide Cappellini <signo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello
Can someone help me this problem that I think should be trivial for others but is not for me...
I'm using Eclipse and/or IntellijIDEA for my robots, I'm doing quite well in building them, modularising the parts, implementing the tutorials on the wiki etc..and no problems so far.
Now I would like to make a step up and create more complex things but I would like to skip to implement what is already out there in form of libraries, I would like, for example, use a particular library to ease me the matrices algebra. this library comes in a comfortable MatrixABC.jar to include in the projects.
In my IDE I ask to include in the build path the JAR file, same as the robocode's jars, and on compile time the class files are created and the bot appears in the robocode application. The problem appear when I start the fight, the bot is denied because an exception "class MatrixABC not found".
I think that is normal, the library is external, robocode doesn't see it.

Now the questions:
  1. How can I tell robocode to look for that library during the development?
  2. When I will package the robot with the utility in the program, how I will be able to include the external libraries in the robot ready to be sent to a friend?
I hope that this question and the further answers will be useful for others too
Thanks

--

---