Update for the Naval Robocode version

Werner Struis

Jan 23, 2018, 5:43:42 AM1/23/18
to robocode-developers

Hello,

My name is Werner, and I have been working on the Naval Robocode project as my internship assignment. A previous intern (Thomas) already has been active on this group.
The Naval Robocode's main difference is that is using ships instead of tanks.
I have created a lot of additions to the game such as:
- Different radar- and cannon types
- Different ship-types
- Server-client capabilities
- A blockly implementation with abstraction layer
- A socket-connection to transfer snapshots and display inside an webpage.

Now that my internship is coming to an end, I have been asked to push my  work to the robocode sourceforge.
I have also created an temporary sourceforge where it is stored now, but I would like my code to be merged with the current Naval version on sourceforge.
Also I would like the Blockly application to also be placed here

I this possible, and if, how?

With kind regards,

Werner

Flemming Larsen

Jan 24, 2018, 2:31:30 PM1/24/18
to robocode-developers
Hi Werner,

I think I already answered this question, but somehow the question and answer has disappeared?!

Naval Robocode is located on this branch on GitHub:

You should create a pull request so it can be automatically merged with this branch.

It must also be possible to build the distribution file (robocode-setup-x.x.x.jar) using the ´mvnassembly´ command (in a command-prompt or shell).
Then I will be able to put this file on SourceForge.

It might be a good idea to create a ReadMe.md (Markdown file) with instructions specific to Naval Robocode. E.g. how is it different from classic Robocode, and where to find the documentation (javadoc etc.)
We could also put an article on the News page for Robocode. You just write the article, and I will put it on the http://robo-code.blogspot.dk/ and point to it from the Facebook and Google page for Robocode. :-)

Best regards,
- Flemming