How to install the recompiled robocode project

Wyatt

Jun 18, 2017, 5:04:36 PM6/18/17
to robocode-developers
Hi all

I have successfully build the master version following this guide http://robowiki.net/wiki/Robocode/Developers_Guide_for_building_Robocode

However, how can I launch this version. As I know, there is a setup package, such as robot-setup-x.y.z.jar, but how can I build this jar package? Since there are no packages in this folder

Any guides here?

Many thanks.

Flemming Larsen

Jun 19, 2017, 2:52:13 PM6/19/17
to robocode-developers
Hi, when building Robocode (the game itself), Maven will output the distribution files to:

/robocode.distribution/target

The setup file is robocode-1.x.x.x-setup.jar, which can be run like "java -jar robocode-1.x.x.x-setup.jar".
All source files are put into robocode-1.x.x.x-src.zip

Best regards,
- Flemming

Matthew Gerber

Mar 1, 2021, 4:01:06 AM3/1/21
to robocode-developers
Hi Flemming -

I've got the latest Robocode repo from GitHub, and I'm building it with IntelliJ Idea. Everything builds and runs fine; however, I can't track down where the installer ends up. Any tips?

Matt

Pavel Šavara

Mar 1, 2021, 4:04:56 AM3/1/21
to robocode-...@googlegroups.com
I've made a lot of changes in the last few days, most significantly we are migrating to Gradle.
The setup jar should be in /build/ folder after `gradle build`.
If something doesn't work, please let me know.

--

---

Matthew Gerber

Mar 1, 2021, 8:42:06 AM3/1/21
to robocode-developers
Hi Pavel -

Thanks for the tip. I just needed to switch the run configuration to "robocode [build]" and then execute. The installer shows up as expected.

I'm glad to see this project is still alive. I became aware of it a long time ago but never got involved. Now I'm working on a personal project in reinforcement learning (rlai) and decided to integrate with Robocode as a training environment. I've got Robocode talking with my RL library over TCP, and it learns some basics (e.g., aiming).

Keep up the good work.

Matt