robocode compiling error

Andres Martinez

Apr 6, 2018, 6:27:32 PM4/6/18
to robocode-developers
Hi! first of all I've played robocode already and it;s such a great game but yesterday I tried compiling a robot and I got this error messsage.

Unable to load annotation processing manager org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.apt.dispatch.BatchAnnotationProcessorManager from classpath.

I know for a fact it wasn't the code I wrote because I also tried compiling the example bots

I don't have the JDK 6 or anything but that didn't seem to affect the compiling before also I tried installing the JDK 6 but oracle won't let me or it'll just send me to an error page / login page

Flemming Larsen

Apr 6, 2018, 6:35:55 PM4/6/18
to robocode-developers
Hi Andreas,

You did not write which version of Robocode your are using + which Java version you run Robocode on.

With the newest version of Robocode released a couple of days ago, version 1.9.3.2, a problem with the build-in ECJ (Eclipse Compiler for Java) was updated due to compilation problems under Java 9 and newer.
If this is the version you are using, the try to reset the compiler settings by Robot -> Source Editor, then Compiler -> Options -> Reset compiler in the Robocode Editor.
You will get a choice between using the JDK compiler or the built-in ECJ. You could try out both of them, to see if you get any luck?

Alernatively, you could use an external IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ. In this case, you need to add "development paths" to tell Robocode where to locate your robot(s) when running Robocode.
You can read about how to set up Eclipse here: http://robowiki.net/wiki/Robocode/Eclipse

Best regards,
- Flemming

Andres Martinez

Apr 9, 2018, 10:06:53 AM4/9/18
to robocode-...@googlegroups.com
downgrading seems to work.. anyways thanks for the help I might need this in the future!

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 4:34 PM, Andres Martinez <mew...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using Robocode 1.9.3.2, the thing is I'm using javaSE 8 and resetting the compiler doesn't seem to work neither using other IDEs should I just try an older ver?

--

---

Andres Martinez

Apr 9, 2018, 10:07:10 AM4/9/18
On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Flemming Larsen <flemming...@gmail.com> wrote:

--

---

OneAndrew

Aug 1, 2018, 12:45:05 PM8/1/18
to robocode-developers
Hi
Goto Compiler->options. In the options box replace what is there with -verbose. Don't forget the dash.

regards,
andrew