Class loading magic

Pavel Šavara

Apr 3, 2019, 7:49:44 AM4/3/19
to robocode-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flemming, all,

today I tried to compile robocode engine on Ubuntu server with openjdk 10.0.2.

It failed one test for me.

runClassLoader(net.sf.robocode.host.jarjar.JarJarTest)
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: tested.robots.Ahead
        at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:466)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:566)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:499)
        at net.sf.robocode.host.jarjar.JarJarTest.runClassLoader(JarJarTest.java:70)

Unfortunately I do not remember if this feature makes any sense anymore or could be just deleted. Please advise.

The compilations also complained about our robot unloading like this
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by net.sf.robocode.io.URLJarCollector (file:/foss/robocode/robocode.core/target/robocode.core-1.9.3.4.jar) to field sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.fileCache
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of net.sf.robocode.io.URLJarCollector
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
I guess that's not immediate issue and perhaps you already noticed.

I do realize that both classes have my name on it, but I forgot what it does or why by now.

Happy robocoding in 2019
Pavel