Fwd: THS Needs Your Help

Budi Mulyo

Jun 25, 2012, 2:45:39 PM6/25/12
to da Vinci, Robo-Magellan Project
FYI:
THS is Tokyo Hackerspace, and they have smoking deals for you!

Jun 26, 2012, 4:44:55 AM6/26/12
to dav...@jigsawrenaissance.org, Robo-Magellan Project
Would be nice to support THS and that is one impressive board.  Only question is -- can anyone tell if that is the beta version or the current version?

-- Pat

Paul Danset

Jun 26, 2012, 5:58:12 AM6/26/12
to Robo-Magellan Project on behalf of Pat Tressel
Looks like the THS version is the Chumby 1.0 board:

Below is a page with the Chumby beta board.  Note the IDC connector on the edge of the board, next to a USB connector, is smaller on the beta (missing about 6 pins) :

This is a cool board by the famous "Bunnie" Huang one of the first guys who hacked the original Xbox.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Robo-Magellan Project group.

Check out our project page: http://www.jigsawrenaissance.org/donation/robo-magellan-project/

Paul Danset

Jun 26, 2012, 6:20:47 AM6/26/12
to Robo-Magellan Project on behalf of Pat Tressel
Looks like Bunnie is working on interesting projects since his departure from Chumby:

  • A new open source robotics platform codenamed ‘Kovan.’ The device was commissioned by an educational organization, but once it is released to public I will publish the design under an open source license. It’s currently in beta testing with the customer. The platform is purpose-built to enable vision-enhanced autonomous robotics projects, combining an 800 MHz linux computer with four 1.5A motor drivers, 8 ADC channels, 8 5V-tolerant digital I/Os, 4 servo drivers, an integrated Li-Ion charger, and an FPGA for enhanced computer vision processing capabilities. The device will be released sometime this fall.
  • A new open-source high performance hardware platform codenamed ‘Novena’. I won’t disclose too many details since it’s in early stages, but the platform promises up to quad-core 1GHz ARM processing with up to 4GB of DDR3 memory. You could, for example, use it to build your very own open source laptop. I expect more details to emerge before the end of the year.