coding ring electrode

Abdülbaki YÜCEL

Apr 18, 2024, 10:02:53 AMApr 18
to roast-users
Hello,

I have been using a ring electrode and a centre electrode for my high-definition tDCS research. I have tried this code

roast('example/MNI152_T1_1mm.nii',{'FC5',1,'FC5',-1},'electype',{'disc','ring'},'elecsize',{[8 2],[35 45 2]},'simulationTag','controlmodelling');

I got the current modelling without problem, but the electric field (V/m) number seems to be too low or different from what I have read in other tDCS research papers that have done the current modelling. Could you check the code and please let me know what I have done wrong? Thank you.

Best wishes,

Baki

ring electrode.pngROAST current modelling.png

Yu (Andy) Huang

Apr 19, 2024, 10:44:01 AMApr 19
to Abdülbaki YÜCEL, roast-users
Hi Abdülbaki, looks like the ring electrode is cut off by the image boundary. You can do a zeropadding of 20 and see if that improves.