DEMO long processing time

Marya Alhaj

Mar 2, 2023, 9:10:57 AM3/2/23
to roast-users
I am a begineer in ROAST, i have tried the demo but it took more than an hour and it hasn't yet completed the steps. There were many warnings that nodes aren't found. I don't know what to do in this case.
Can you explain to me why such scenario took place ?

Yu (Andy) Huang

Mar 2, 2023, 9:36:31 AM3/2/23
to Marya Alhaj, roast-users
Hi Marya,

Can you provide more info? What command did you try? What's your computer specs? If you run New York head, it usually takes longer time. You can ignore those warnings.

Hope this helps

On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 9:10 AM Marya Alhaj <marycol...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am a begineer in ROAST, i have tried the demo but it took more than an hour and it hasn't yet completed the steps. There were many warnings that nodes aren't found. I don't know what to do in this case.
Can you explain to me why such scenario took place ?

Yu (Andy) Huang, Ph.D.

Marya Alhaj

Mar 2, 2023, 10:18:01 AM3/2/23
to roast-users
Sir I have written this command :

 roast('example/subject1.nii',{'F1',0.3,'P2',0.7,'C5',-0.6,'O2',-0.4})

However, I then checked the tutorial slides and wrote this command:

roast('example/subject1.nii', {'F1',0.3,'P2',0.7,'C5',-0.6,'O2',-0.4},'simulationTag','basicDemo');

But, this time I recieved this error message:

Unable to perform assignment because the size of the left side is 192-by-256-by-256 and the size of the right side is
0-by-0.

Error in postGetDP (line 46)
    ef_all(:,:,:,1) = F(xi,yi,zi);

Error in roast (line 857)
        [vol_all,ef_mag,ef_all] = postGetDP(subj,subjRasRSPD,node,hdrInfo,uniqueTag);
I am kinda confused at this point, because I don't understant how to fix the error.

Marya Alhaj

Mar 2, 2023, 10:26:08 AM3/2/23
to roast-users
Sir I have another question; when I type roast to the command window why do I get the following error message ?

ROAST.jpeg

Yu (Andy) Huang

Mar 4, 2023, 11:34:41 AM3/4/23
to Marya Alhaj, roast-users
If you open the _e.pos file, did you see all NaN? If yes, then the getDP solver was not working on your computer. You can try downloading the latest version and replace the solver.

Hope this helps.

Marya Alhaj

Mar 4, 2023, 12:02:25 PM3/4/23
to Yu (Andy) Huang, roast-users
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Marya Alhaj

Mar 9, 2023, 6:07:08 AM3/9/23
to roast-users
Hello sir,
I have downloaded getDP 3.5 version and replaced  but still I get the same feedback.
i.e.,
Unable to perform assignment because the size of the left side is 182-by-218-by-182 and the size of the

right side is 0-by-0.

Error in postGetDP (line 46)
    ef_all(:,:,:,1) = F(xi,yi,zi);

Error in roast (line 857)
        [vol_all,ef_mag,ef_all] = postGetDP(subj,subjRasRSPD,node,hdrInfo,uniqueTag);

How can this problem be solved?

Thanks in advance.