discrepancy in number of nodes in e.pos file

Ruben Sanchez

Jul 18, 2023, 9:51:47 AM7/18/23
to roast-users
Hi,
I am running different simulations where the only variant is the injected current. Nevertheless when analyzing the e.pos files I noticed that each of the simulations have a different number of nodes. This looks weird since I was expecting to have the same number of nodes since it is the same data (except the injected currents). Any clue?

Thanks,

Ruben Sanchez-Romero
CMBN
Rutgers-Newark

Jake E Toth

Jul 19, 2023, 6:21:06 AM7/19/23
to roast-users
Hi Ruben,

Unfortunately, the mesher used in ROAST (iso2mesh) does not generate the exact same mesh when run twice on the same data.
See:
https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/roast-users/c/6E2M5FtE1Jg/m/WY2O3_PPAQAJ

Kind regards,
Jake