Mesh Generation

Grace Guo

May 14, 2023, 6:32:09 PM5/14/23
to roast-users
Hi Roast users,

I have a simple question regarding generating mesh. As far as I understand, meshes are created to solve PDE's. In that case, does it mean that mesh files are specific to MRI files? For example, if I change my electrode configuration, the same mesh (node, elem, face) can still be used for simulation as long as the MRI scan is the same? Because I notice that every time I run my (same) subject with different electrodes, mesh is generated again (with different node, elem, face), so I was wondering if the electrodes matter as well.

Thank you!

Best,
Grace

Yu (Andy) Huang

May 14, 2023, 9:15:04 PM5/14/23
to Grace Guo, roast-users
Hi Grace,

Yes of course the same mesh could be used for the same MRI. If you change the electrode config, then you need to remove the old electrode mesh from the head mesh, and merge the head mesh with the new electrode mesh. This is tricky to implement. So I made ROAST to generate a new mesh every time users change the electrode config.

Hope this helps.