Electric Field Magnitude for Visualization

Grace Guo

Apr 19, 2023, 4:42:39 PM4/19/23
to roast-users
Hi Roast users,

I have a question regarding the value of the electric field output. I notice that there are several voxels in my simulation output with much larger electric field magnitude. And in the visualize result file, only the 95 percentile is used for visualization purposes. Therefore, I wonder if the large values indicate large/focal activation, or if they are possible outliers so that only the 95% percentile is used for plotting.

Thank you so much and look forward to your reply!

Best,
Grace

Yu (Andy) Huang

Apr 23, 2023, 6:27:28 PM4/23/23
to Grace Guo, roast-users
Hi Grace,

The large values are indeed large but not necessarily focal. The 95 percentile is only for visualization.

Hope this helps.

Grace Guo

Apr 27, 2023, 11:21:10 PM4/27/23
to roast-users

Thank you so much! This is very helpful:)