Great ShakeOut Day

Steve K6SRS

Oct 3, 2017, 11:44:07 PM10/3/17
to Ramona Outback Amateur Radio Society
ROARS folks - FYI

This October 19 the entire state of California will practice how everyone should prepare for - and recover from - a major earthquake that (fictitiously) will occur at 10:19 AM.  This is called "The Great Shakeout", and we should use this event to practice our Ramona-area communications capability.  If you can, listen to the ROARS VHF repeater starting at 10:19 on 10/19.  We will run a quick net just to practice for a time of real need.  It will be good to see how many folks are able to connect at this odd time.

All the details of this event - and our emergency net - are now posted on www.roars.net.

Steve
K6SRS