Reminder: RVBC Bird Walk at Greenfield, Wednesday 11/14 8:30AM

1 view

Roanoke Valley Bird Club

Nov 13, 2018, 3:51:11 PM11/13/18
to Roanoke Valley Bird Club

November 14, Wednesday, 8:30AM
Second Wednesday Bird Walk at Greenfield
Join Barry Whitt (309-4353) for a bird walk on the Cherry Blossom Trail
at Greenfield. We will walk around Greenfield Lake in search for waterfowl and
songbirds. The walk will be mostly flat walking for about 1 mile. Other walking at
the property may include the grassy area overlooking the lake or the trail down to
the lower pond. Bring your spotting scopes! Some folks may want to visit Ballast
Point brewery at 11AM for lunch after the walk. They have a veranda that overlooks
the lake. This walk will be repeated on December 12th.
Directions: Take Exit 150B on I81 and follow signs to Route 220N. Go about 4 miles
and take a left at the entrance to the Greenfield Education and Training Center,
across from the entrance to Ashley Plantation. Park in the second lot on the
right.