switching the roadtrip blog over to wordpress - action required

David Pablo Cohn

Mar 23, 2013, 5:23:04 PM3/23/13
to roadtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The groups mechanism is a bit creaky - if you've ever hit "reply" to try to respond, you've undoubtedly seen the cryptic error messages. And it's a bit hard to maintain from my side as Blogger and Groups don't always move in unison. I've just switched the blog over to Wordpress (see below), at the address http://davidpablocohn.com. So rather than continuing to use the Google Group, I'd be appreciative if folks could switch over to the Wordpress "follow" mechanism.

Here's what you have to do:
  1. Go to http://davidpablocohn.com
  2. On the right side, about one screen down, you'll see a text box and a blue "Follow" button
  3. Enter your email address in the text box and hit the Follow button. Wordpress will send you email saying "Do you really want to subscribe?"
  4. Actually, the email will say "Confirm follow?", which means the same thing. Confirm, unless you're getting cold feet.
  5. Share and enjoy.
Unless there are problems with the "follow" mechanism, future posts are *not* going out to the Google Group, so if you want to keep receiving my rambling missives, please do this soon!

Thanks,
 -David Pablo Cohn

==========================

Whoa – that’s different…

by david pablo cohn

So, I've been making do with Blogger and Google Sites for a hecka long time, and when it came time to update some of the layout onhttp://www.somerandom.com/cohn, I just couldn't take the pain any longer. A bunch of my friends seemed to like using WordPress, so I decided to give it a try.

Short story is that, going forward, the Roadtrip Blog - and my personal site - are going to be running off of WordPress.

Some administrative things so we can stay in touch:

  1. As I get my act together, I'm probably going to port the somerandom.comaddress over, but at the moment, it's all up and running over at http://www.davidpablocohn.com. That's where new blog posts are going to be showing up.
  2. I'll try to port the http://roadtrip.somerandom.com url over, too. But again, for now, http://davidpablocohn.com is the safe place to watch. That's not going to go away.
  3. My email address isn't going to change: still david...@somerandom.com (or any other address you have for me).

I'm still learning the new system, so you may get multiple notices - or none at all - as I work the kinks out, but I believe in the long run, we'll all be happier. In the meantime, please try poking around the new site; I think you'll like it. Especially nice is the ability to create filter tags, so if you look under the "Roadtrip" heading, you'll see sub-categories for posts from/about different places.

Okay - everybody ready? Here we go...