Group Photo Available

liz

Jun 1, 2008, 2:52:22 PM6/1/08
to RoadShowWorkshop
Hi everyone,
I've posted the photo we took at the end of the Roadshow. I enjoyed
your company... Enjoy the photo...
Liz

Jeff Gray

Jun 2, 2008, 12:43:50 AM6/2/08
to roadshow...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Liz!

I may submit a news item for my department web page to mention my
participation in the workshop. Do you think it would be ok to use this photo
for that? Would there be any issues from Google (or any of the participants)
if this was published publicly?

It was great to meet you all this past week!

Best wishes

Jeff

Jeff Gray, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Computer and Information Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham
gr...@cis.uab.edu
http://www.cis.uab.edu/gray

ada...@jmu.edu

Jun 2, 2008, 7:41:50 AM6/2/08
to roadshow...@googlegroups.com
I'd have no problem.. Lecia's the expert on that sort of thing. Ask her.
Liz

cstep...@csta.acm.org

Jun 2, 2008, 11:04:46 AM6/2/08
to RoadShowWorkshop
Hello Everyone

I am checking with Irene about whether or not folks can use the photo
in their reports. I will email the list as soon as I hear from her.

Thanks for taking such a great shot, Liz!

Chris

Lecia Jane Barker

Jun 2, 2008, 11:17:47 AM6/2/08
to roadshow...@googlegroups.com
I recall the workshop agenda saying that some parts would be recorded and participation in the workshop constituted a sort of release form.
--

Lecia Barker
Director, ATLAS Assessment & Research Center

Suzanne Menzel

Jun 2, 2008, 9:31:39 PM6/2/08
to roadshow...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

As announced at the recent workshop, there are several $200 micro-
grants available to schools who are just starting outreach programs.
These micro-grants are funded through an Avon Hello Tomorrow award.

If you are interested, please send me a brief application that
includes the following information:

(1) School and department, city and state
(2) Name and contact information of faculty advisor
(3) Type of school: e.g., R1, teaching, community, public, private
(4) Short summary of program status and outline of plans for first year
(5) Agreement to share developed resources with online community

Applications received by June 20 will be given full consideration.
Schools will be notified on a rolling basis and funds will be
available immediately.

Suzanne

~
~
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Previous micro-grant recipients:
University of Colorado at Boulder
DePauw University
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Earlham University
IPFW
IU Kokomo
IU Northwest
IU Southeast
IUPUI

For more information about the Avon Hello Tomorrow Fund, see:
http://shop.avon.com/HelloTomorrowFund/
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~menzel/AvonHTF.pdf