RE: [Raleigh Rides] Mountain Training Week June 8 - 12

Allen Walker

Jun 2, 2011, 8:24:12 AM6/2/11
to raleig...@googlegroups.com, Raleigh All-Star Cycling Team, gyroscyc...@googlegroups.com, road...@googlegroups.com

First off, thanks Andy for posting these times and routes for the group.

Next you will notice that the ride times are going to be at 9 AM this year versus the traditional 10 AM start due to the fact that starting temperatures will not be an issue since the Mountain Training weekend is in June this year.  This will hopefully get us back to the hotel a little earlier this year which gives us more time for catching up on emails, enjoying Blowing Rock, hitting local bike shops etc.

Due to work obligations, I will not be joining the Wednesday ride group but will look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday.  If it is important that anyone gets in touch with me next week, try texting me on my work cell.  That number is 919-259-3248.

Thanks and good luck to those racing this weekend and I look forward to seeing many of you in Blowing Rock!

Allen

Jun 2, 2011, 11:23:04 AM6/2/11
to raleig...@googlegroups.com, Raleigh All-Star Cycling Team, gyroscyc...@googlegroups.com, road...@googlegroups.com

OK ladies…

There have been several people who are concerned about the emotional distress being caused by not being able to get their makeup on in time if we start all the rides at 9 AM so below is a change to the starting time for several of the rides.  J

  • Wednesday – 10 AM start
  • Thursday – 10 AM start
  • Friday – 10 AM start
  • Saturday – 9 AM start
  • Sunday – 9 AM start

The Saturday ride is a long ride and we need the extra hour.  The Sunday ride usually starts early so that we can get back to the hotel and shower before we head back to the flatlands.

Thanks and see you on the road!

Allen

Andy Hart

Jun 3, 2011, 8:33:34 AM6/3/11
to raleigh-all-st...@googlegroups.com, raleig...@googlegroups.com, gyroscyc...@googlegroups.com, road...@googlegroups.com
Everyone,
   I'm gonna post this out a couple of times, once here and once with the original ride schedule. Just so folks know when we leave on Wednesday morning.

On Wednesday, since we have pushed back the time by an hour, I'm pushing the leave time out of Sheraton Inn in RTP out by one hour, so we leave at 6:00 AM.

- biohazard

Andy Hart

Jun 5, 2011, 8:11:50 PM6/5/11
to Raleigh All-Star Cycling Team, Raleigh Rides, road...@googlegroups.com
Everyone,
   Remember the Start times for Wednesday thru Friday are 10:00 AM
I've updated BeechBallOnAString. It had a slight error in it, and I've attached an updated gpx file and cue sheet.

The new link to the corrected Friday route (beechballonastring) is:

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=257966

Allen asked me to post the following ride schedule for next week.

Wednesday:
Meet up at Sheraton in RTP 4700 Emperor Blvd  in front of Gold's Gym @
5:00
AM