[Talk-ro] Thanks for the maps

Carles Pina i Estany

May 15, 2018, 6:01:02 PM5/15/18
to tal...@openstreetmap.org

Hi Romania OSM,

We recently spent 10 days in Romania, hiking some of the days and
driving some other days using Osmand app (off-line) and we were very
impressed with the level of detail in Romania in various places!

We had quite small hiking trails mapped, the roads were mapped as
expected, etc.! (I think that we only missed knowing on Osmand if the
road was paved or not, probably it's in OSM but not displayed on the
app).

Thanks very much for doing it. We might add some accomodation that we
stayed and wasn't there but thanks to you our experience in Romania was
even better and easier to find places.

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany
Web: http://pinux.info || Blog: http://pintant.cat

Strainu

May 23, 2018, 2:53:02 PM5/23/18
to OSM Romania, car...@pina.cat
Thank you Carles! Next time you're around, you might want to try one
of the dedicated webapps that exist for hiking in Romania. [1][2]
Their authors are probably also the main contributors to the trail map
:)

All the best,
Strainu

[1] https://haihui.grep.ro/