[Talk-ro] Fwd: atîta

Rădulescu Răzvan

Mar 18, 2016, 7:05:16 AM3/18/16
to OSM Romania

Sorein s-a intors cu ale lui dejectii dintr-un creier bolnav...

Asta ca sa vada cui i-e dor de el...

Mar 18, 2016, 9:04:35 AM3/18/16
to tal...@openstreetmap.org
Please have a discussion with data working group : da...@osmfoundation.org
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Data_working_group
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Disputes

Personal point of view :
* a private message, even rude, shouldn't copied in public mailing list,
* Romanian contributors should meet more (beer is a good start, vin
din casa, tuica or visinata is good too), face to face conversation
prevents problems.

OSM is a good community project, Romanians are very welcoming people in
a nice country, there is no reason not to be a success. Keep on fighting.

(sorry for using English, my Romanian writing is too bad)

Jean-Baptiste Holcroft

Gabriel Sebastian Moise

Mar 18, 2016, 12:17:35 PM3/18/16
to tal...@openstreetmap.org
With some people you can't have a good conversation !
Everyone worked hard on Romanian map, but some have gone wild ! Sorein is one guy that you can't have a discussion with him !  Some of us from our group were taking his side from a point of view, but it's clear that you can't have something to discuss with this man !  DWG tried and no success !

Now we are "two teams"  in Romanian editors ! One that using "old stuff, or old point of view"  and one team who maintain the map updated, and made some small changes to the road structure in a couple of cases because of routing purposes .  Romanian road network infrastructure is not the same like in central and western europe ( and we made some adjustments), and there are a lot of National and County roads that are not paved at all, or not well. We've downgraded the category, without damaging the routing , because all the routing software does not calculate the route with the quality of paving, and all of them are set default to route on unpaved roads. More than 80% of users, does not configure the routing parameters in navigation software, so we've prevented the high routing priority on that roads !

In words is difficult to understand the scenarious.... but when we meet and show the roads, the alternatives, and made some tests, all people will understand !   OSM uses 6 road category for main routing, Here 4 road category for main routing, TomTom just 3 ! Some navigation software does not want to adjust routing engine for the 6 road category like in OSM !   IMHO , in OSM there are to many  :D    !!!

For example,  Braila City.... all the streest in that city were Tertiary or Secondary for a many years !  I was the only one that I've corrected that , because like I said, no one is maintaing the map , but some of us, are just talking most of the time, agains me and Razvan , and nothing new on the map from them , they are not helping , somehow it's like they are against us, agains off all the work done in Romanian map, made by all of us !
Maybe there is a problem because me and Razvan are working with and for Here Maps , and we are using their resources to gather and collect data for our map ! We are making a double job, one for Here Maps, and one for OpenStreetMap !
Razvan every day look into the history to check if someone is deleting relevant data, or by mistake , does something wrong, we are looking for CLC problems, and examples can go on !  How many of us in talk group are doing the same ?!?!?!

Now, if a couple of years ago, OSM was a Geographic Book ( Atlas Geografic) for a lot of people, now the main purpose is Routing Navigation, finding places, etc....   Now OSM is more than, what some of us are thinking !

Have a good day !

Please have a discussion with data working group : [hidden email]

--
Jean-Baptiste Holcroft

http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Fwd-atita-tp5870158p5870165.html
To start a new topic under Romania, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Romania, click here.
NAML

--
Toate cele bune !

NextGen Communications S.R.L. - Campina

Mobil NextGen  : 076 111 65 59
Mobil Personal : 0726 311 957

Adresa Postala: Strada Grivitei, Nr.63, Campina, Romania ! ------------------------------------------------------

Sent from the Romania mailing list archive at Nabble.com.