[Talk-ro] Road network improvements in Romania

Murad Vardzelyan via Talk-ro

Feb 25, 2021, 7:35:56 AM2/25/21
to tal...@openstreetmap.org, Murad Vardzelyan

Hi there,

I’m Murad from Bolt.

We are going to start improving the Romanian road network. Project details can be found here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organised_Editing/Activites/Bolt. We would like to get familiar with local mapping guidelines if there are any.

Please, also, let me know if you have preferred contact channels other than this talk-list.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards, Murad from Bolt Map Production

Razvan

Feb 25, 2021, 8:06:12 AM2/25/21
to OSM Romania, Murad Vardzelyan
How do you concluded that road network în România need improvement? We already do good job about this. Kaart Also. Apple also. What improvement do you want to add? Do you live în România, so you could add real improvements surveyed on the streets? If not, you cold not improve anything from images...

Murad Vardzelyan via Talk-ro

Feb 25, 2021, 8:42:23 AM2/25/21
to Razvan, Murad Vardzelyan, OSM Romania
Hi Razvan,

Thank you for your response. We use GPS traces (private and non-downloadable) generated by our drivers to improve the road network. You can find the details here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organised_Editing/Activites/BoltOrganised_Editing/Activites/Bolt
Since we operate in Romania, we reach to the local team when there's a doubt, and they provide ground data in such cases.

Hope this addresses your concerns.

Regards,
Murad from Bolt Map Production

Vlad Sîngeorzan

Feb 25, 2021, 9:05:59 AM2/25/21
to OSM Romania
Hello Murad,

We're happy that you want to edit in our country. As Răzvan said, there was already a lot of work put into improving road network by other companies and individual users, but I am sure that we can find the data from one of the biggest taxi/ride-sharing provider in the country useful. Currently the classification and alignment of roads in big cities and main roads is in very good state, but I think that one aspect in which you can help is by updating new roads and constructions (especially in the suburban areas) as you are operating in the most dynamic cities in Romania and I feel that the map takes a bit of time regarding the new development. Also, you may have information regarding street names and addresses that we would really need, but unfortunately this may not be inline with user privacy concerns..

Thanks,
Vlad

Anatolie Golovco

Feb 25, 2021, 9:39:32 AM2/25/21
to OSM Romania
Take a look at this page:
it contains relation id for almost all roads in Romania
--

Best Regards
Anatolie GOLOVCO

Strainu

Feb 27, 2021, 7:17:19 AM2/27/21
to Murad Vardzelyan via Talk-ro, Murad Vardzelyan
Hi Murad,

În addition to the suggestions you already received, I would like to add the request to make sure your team is properly trained in the general map editing rules.

Last year we had a list of edits marked with the hashtag #bolt that were going against the "no duplication" rule (ex: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/79368670). We would very much appreciate if we don't need to make consistent corrections to your edits. However, we are aware that mistakes happen and we hope that your team will be responsive to requests for corrections we send to Bolt 001 (per the wiki you provided)

Strainu
--
Trimis de pe dispozitiv Android cu K-9 Mail. Rog scuzați mesajul scurt.

Murad Vardzelyan via Talk-ro

Mar 1, 2021, 2:09:12 AM3/1/21
to Strainu, Murad Vardzelyan, Murad Vardzelyan via Talk-ro
Hi Strainu,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'd like to mention that the changeset you provided was not done by Bolt team. We were not improving maps a year ago and all the mappers from Bolt have generic usernames of Bolt***. I'm not sure why the hashtag #bolt was used at that time, but surely, it's not our edit.

Please share your feedback with us whenever you feel it's needed, and we'll surely consider it.

Regards,
Murad from Bolt Map Production

Razvan

Mar 1, 2021, 2:53:32 AM3/1/21
to OSM Romania, Murad Vardzelyan
For shure was Bolt. They payed few mappers for a 3 month limited time în order to improve only Bucharest...

Murad Vardzelyan via Talk-ro

Mar 2, 2021, 5:50:14 AM3/2/21
to Razvan, Murad Vardzelyan, OSM Romania
Hey Razvan,

I double-checked it, and indeed we have hired mappers in Romania for 3 months in 2020. I apologize for this.

Now we have a team of mappers in an organized structure, so the feedback from you won't be skipped. In cases like that, please feel free to contact me directly or by sending a message to Bolt001 OSM user. Also, we are working on a QC process now, to have more control over quality of edits.

Regards,
Murad